Project Update May 3
- “I’m gonna keep this short.” … *makes a 9 minute video*
- The transcription is just an outline of my off-the-cuff speech. It just takes too much time to do a proper transcription.
Hey everybody, sorry it’s been so long since I’ve made a post, but things have been understandably pretty crazy here.
This is episode 7 of A Horse is Not a Home. I’m gonna try to keep this one kinda short, but I’m gonna go through my to-do list. I think that will be easiest way for you to understand what I’ve been up to.
There’s about 10 items here:
- Launch the New Boys and Girls Club Website.
- Migrated the content over to WordPress
- Added a new Donation Form
- Make a video for Ashworth Road Baptist Church
- They’re doing a program called “20 in 20”
- Buffalo county was #1 but now they’re #2. Not because they got better, but because another county got worse.
- Finalize a letter of intent for the South Dakota Community Foundation
- Contact Randy Kittle at Parks & Rec about possible State Funding.
- Get ready for the September application for the DoT’s “Safe Roads to Schools program”
- Either north to Stefan or south to Chamberlain
- Introduce myself to / get in touch with J.R. LePlante from the tribal relations office.
- Find out who the risk management person for the Crow Creek Tribal Council
- corresponds with my big project: get a wind turbine built for the new community center in Crow Creek
- Jenny and Emily did an amazing job doing the leg work in getting a building underway
- The building already has geothermal heat and it would be great to get a “slam dunk” in green energy
- needs a $1m liability insurance claim
- Research more foundations
- Leadership survey for Americorps
- Part of the monthly conference call series
- “What do I want to be when I grow up?” I’m 28!
- When will people in my generation feel like adults? Is that something we’re capable of?
- ESA Foundation Grant
- Would love to create educational software a la Rosetta Stone for dakota/lakota/nakota
- Ed.gov disability grant
- Sparkplug Foundation Grant
- Music, education, grassroots organizing
- They did a cool anti-recruitment effort in Minnesota, and it would be cool to do something as interesting on Crow Creek
- Get more info to my grant mentor
- Somebody from the LinkedIn group offered to mentor me in grant writing, which is great and very, very helpful
- Send info about the Great Plains Native American Coalition website to Ryan for approval
- The Great Plains Native American coalition is a collection of native clubs that are banding together to be able to see bigger funding.
- Yep, making another website.